This morning during rounds, we were able to convenience the docs to have the General Pediatric Surgeon to come down for the biopsy to take a look at Amelia's bum. They were able get in touch with him and he was kind enough to rearrange his schedule. He rushed in from the outskirts of Phoenix and made it in in time to take a look at the infection on Amelia's bum. The docs now think this is what is causing our platelet and white blood count problems. The surgeon determined the infection is deeper than they originally thought.
As far as the bone marrow, the blood doc came in and said her marrow appears to be good, healthy marrow and appears to be producing all the good stuff it should. They are going to continue with a bunch of tests over the next several days.
So, now that the docs believe they know what is going on. Our plan for now is to put Amelia on clears for the next week or so and work to jump start her immune system. They do not want her eating anything to try to keep her from pooping more in hopes we can keep the wound clean to allow it to heal.
The blood bank doc has lined up several sets of platelets for us that match Amelia's antibodies in hopes she will not tear through them as fast.
Please pray Amelia's immune system still start to kick in to fight the infection and start to heal her body.
Blessings
The Moody's
I cannot imagine how difficult it is to take your child for a bone marrow test and to see her suffer with infection. I am so sorry for your pain and I'm praying for your peace, comfort, strength, hope, rest and wisdom. Father, thank you for holding Brian and Kimmy in your hands. I know you are all-powerful and all-good and all-knowing. I know that you are carrying them through this trial. I know nothing can touch them that you do not allow in your goodness and love, and I know that if you will you can heal Amelia. Please heal Amelia, Mighty God. Strengthen her immune system to defeat this infection. Guide her medical staff by your grace. Be glorified in her and through her as well as in and through her family. By Jesus' stripes, heal the Moody family. I ask that all those who love Amelia would draw closer to you and put their faith in you and that you would draw near to them and reveal yourself to them. Thank you for Amelia, for your grace and mercy, for your love, strength and word. Show us how to pray, quicken our hearts to pray. Show us how to carry one another's burdens. And please send ministry and comfort to the Moodys. Amen.
ReplyDelete